- Are there different brick for indoor and outdoor applications?
- Different brick are made for indoors and outdoors but all of the brick that we sell are manufactured and
produced for severe weather climates which allow for our brick to be installed inside or out.
- Are there different sizes of bricks available?
- Yes, there are a number of different sizes, textures, and colors available depending on what you are interested in.
- Are there different mortar/grout colors available?
- The standard mortar color used in the majority of applications is grey in color. There are many optional
colors available as options that generally cost more but can also improve or change the look of the brick.
- With all of the different styles and colors available how do I start to make a selection for my project?
- One of the easiest ways is to visit our showroom and look at the different products that are available.
If you are interested in a brick or number of bricks we can provide you with addresses of homes that we
have supplied so that you can see the brick on larger applications and in natural lighting.
- Does darboy stone & brick offer masonry/installation services?
- Darboy Stone is only a supplier but we do have a number of references available of trusted contractors
and trade-partners that we are happy to share with our customers.
Cultured Stone FAQ's
- What is cultured stone?
- Cultured stone is a man-made concrete product formed and colored to imitate natural
stone. There are numerous colors, shapes, and sizes available. The advantage of cultured stone is that
it is thin and fairly lightweight compared to natural stone which allows for quicker application as well
as the elimination of the need for a brick/stone ledge.
- How is cultured stone applied?
- A weather barrier and wire lath is applied to the surface that the stone will be
installed. A thin coat of mortar (called a scratch coat) is applied to the surface and allowed to set.
The stone is then applied to the wall. After the stone is applied the joints are finished with a grout
bag and finishing tool.
- Is there any type of warranty coverage for cultured stone?
- Warranty coverage averages from 30-50 yrs depending on the manufacturer. This covers
the integrity of the stone itself against cracking or discoloration. The warranty does not cover breakage
due to improper installation.
- Can cultured stone be installed outside?
- Yes, cultured stone is able to be installed indoors or outdoors.
- Are there corners available?
- Cultured stone is manufactured in what are called flats & corners. The flats are for
straight wall applications and the corners are made for 90 degree corner situations.